The Standard Downtown
Finance, Accounting, Hospitality - Hotel
4 Year Degree
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- College degree in Accounting.
- 3 years hotel assistant controller experience.
- Certification of previous training in computers.
- Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
- Previous guest relations training.
RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT AND FINANCIAL REPORTING.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
- Answer telephone.
- Maintain accurate files on all work.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel room rates, packages, special programs and all pricing.
The following to be conducted in a capacity of assistance:
- The ability to create an environment of control and economic responsibility for the Hotel and in all departments.
- The ability to develop and maintain staff structure.
- The ability to implement group accounting policies and requirements.
- The ability to ascertain the efficient and effective utilization of the Hotel’s financial resources and to establish proper systems & controls.
- The ability to safeguard the Hotel’s assets from any possible losses.
- The ability to update the books and records in an accurate and timely manner.
- The ability to comply with all statutory requirements as well as The Standard Downtown LA’s accounting policies & procedures.
- The ability to directly supervise and be accountable for the following functions: accounting, purchasing, stores F&B cost control, credit control, night auditing and cashiering.
- The ability to work closely with operational managers to ensure maximum utilization of the company’s financial resources in accordance with the budgetary guidelines.
- The ability to direct accounting department with functional guidelines.
- The ability to maintain and monitor financial policies.
- The ability to implement & maintain proper internal control procedures.
- The ability to assist in the creation of operational guidelines and procedures.
- The ability to compile and monitor operating budgets and capital budgets for The Standard Downtown LA.
- The ability to achieve maximum contributions and cooperation from Department Heads with regards to cost control.
- The ability to schedule, hire and train all accounting personnel.
- The ability to control all Hotel costs, expenses and labor.
- The ability to work with all departments to meet their needs as it relates to Accounting.
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff and other departmental employees.
- The ability to provide effective leadership within the Department & throughout the organization.
- The ability to provide financial input for future products, projects, strategies, innovative plans and direction and monitor its progress.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Assist with other Accounting job functions as assigned.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.