The Venetian I The Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino
Hospitality - Hotel
- 21+ years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 5 years of service experience in a first class hotel, casino, restaurant or related hospitality area.
- Be able to speak and understand Mandarin dialect Chinese is highly desirable.
- Advanced understanding of food and beverage service skills including in-suite dining and wine and spirits knowledge.
- Experience with point of sale equipment and/or computers.
- Available on all shifts as needed. Speak, read and write English clearly.
- Speak one additional language in addition to English.
- Excellent professional presentation and grooming.
- Be able to work in a high stress area, making clear, concise decisions based on sound business parameters.
- Have all necessary work cards (TAM and Health Card).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to understand guest’s service needs.
- Ability to work cohesively with other team members.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to lift or carry a service tray of up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
The primary responsibility of the Butler is to provide exceptional service to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino guests in personal Butler/Valet and amenity services. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
- Attend to service in the suites, Baccarat Salon, VIP Lounge and Paiza Club. Including, but not limited to, food and beverage service, restocking product, equipment and supplies.
- Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods.
- Serve all food and beverages as outlined in SOPs.
- Be able to respond to guest requests and answer questions about the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and Las Vegas. When unable to answer take the time to research answer and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Know, adhere to and practice all aspects of Unmatched Service Standards.
- Be able to escort guest from the front of the hotel to the suites and serve the guests as needed including, but not limited to: hotel tour, suite tour, explanation of services, unpacking and packing luggage.
- Perform all services, duties and tasks as defined in SOPs.
- Record all pertinent data into guest profile as needed.
- Attend to laundry, dry cleaning, ironing, mending and shoe polishing as needed. Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Operate micros to standards to order food and beverages.
- Record closed checks to SOPs.
- Clean and maintain work areas to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino standards.
- Run errands as assigned to include, but not limited to: tickets, shopping, food products, deliveries and packages.
- Fulfill guest’s requests as long as they are safe, legal and economically sound.
- Other assignments as necessary.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Key Processes
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service.
- Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.