Senior Specialist, Conference Services
Senior Specialist, Conference Services
Copy Of Alzheimer's Association
• Bachelor of Arts degree or 3-5 years experience in meeting planning or hotel industry
• Must possess strong hotel contract and vendor negotiation skills
• Familiar with RFP preparation and developing function book specifications
• Must have excellent customer service skills, organizational, and communications skills (written and verbal).
• Strong budget management skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (often over weekends).
• Must be able work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Must be able to manage multiple clients
• Must be able to set priorities and complete projects on time and on budget
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications especially Word and Excel; CHROME and google.
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) a plus but not required
Benefits: Business Casual Work Environment, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Eldercare Leave and more!
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we'd love to hear from you!
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2016. We are proud to say that this is the seventh year in a row that we’ve won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
Position requirements include but are not limited to site selection and managing logistics for meetings, including the association’s international conference. Responsibilities include researching and recommending meeting venues, negotiating hotel contracts, creating space reports based on contractual terms, preparing detailed meeting specifications, managing food and beverage requirements, room blocks, housing, and travel logistics. Additional responsibilities include budgetary management, working with outside vendors for audio visual, catering, and other equipment rentals. The position will have a role in the annual meeting specifications, internet and telephone requirements, ancillary meeting assistance, planning of the Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) conference and other projects as assigned for the association’s international conference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Research and recommend cities and venues for assigned meetings with 10 – 100 + attendees.
• Manage and coordinate all logistics arrangements for assigned chapter meetings of 10 – 100 + attendees.
• Manage and negotiate contracts ensuring appropriate room blocks and industry language is reflected
• Prepare detailed meeting specifications to hotels to include room set-ups, food and beverage requirements, program schedules and audiovisual requests.
• Manage meeting specifications in Eventpro
• Manage housing reservations for staff and attendees while closely monitoring room pick-ups.
• Manage meeting history project through Smartsheet
• Assist with Advocacy Forum & National Dinner (1000+ attendees)
• Manage Alzheimer’s Disease International Conference in conjunction with annual meeting
• Annual Meeting responsibilities; meeting specifications, Internet & telephone requirements, ancillary meeting assistance and other projects as assigned for the association’s international conference.
• Conduct site visits when needed and prepare reports for onsite recommendations
• Reconcile all meeting related invoices for accuracy and process for payment within 30 days of close of program
• Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budgets, work plans and status reports.
• Ability to be detail oriented, work independently and in a team environment
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects with multiple deadlines
• Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director and Sr. Associate Director.