Hotel Sales Manager- Corporate Market
Hilton DC National Mall
480 L'Enfant Plaza Southwest
Hospitality - Hotel, Sales, Business Development
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Hotel Sales Manager in a 3-5 star property required
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prefer experience with Delphi Software
- Prefer experience with Hotelligence Data
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management, clients and the public in one-on-one and group situations
- Understand the mission, vision and game plan of the hotel
- Ability to understand Guests' service needs
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests', co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager
The Hilton DC National Mall provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to let us know the nature of your request.
We are seeking a creative, innovative sales manager, eager and excited at the opportunity to shape the market position for the BRAND NEW Hilton Washington DC National Mall hotel, opening summer 2018! This is a unique chance to be a part of a hotel opening, and have direct influence on the development of the property's personality. Ideal candidate must wear multiple hats, and is ready to hit the ground running to penetrate the Corporate Market. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Located adjacent the L'Enfant Plaza metro station at 480 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC, the hotel will offer 367 luxurious rooms and 23,000 S.F of flexible and unique meeting space- all just steps from the best DC has to offer!
- Responsible for securing group business with function space and food and beverage events, while increasing revenues and maximizing the average daily room rate
- Attend industry and networking events, outgoing sales efforts to secure business and contacting the competitions client base and other activities to help drive business to the hotel
- Maximizes profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction
- Solicits and services the corporate and some tour and travel group accounts in accordance with the marketing plan
- Generates a high profile and quality perception in the market place
- Qualify group leads and contract group business through outreach and marketing efforts to maximize the hotel's utilization and profitability
- Maintain & log all client communications in Delphi. It is the responsibility of the Sales Manager to use Delphi to keep in touch with clients through phone calls, emails, letters and personal meetings
- Implement strong prospecting plan to ensure booking success
- Maintain relationships with past clients for future business opportunities
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue
- Meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events during sales calls in a manner consistent with hotel standards
- Work closely with the Catering / Conference Services Team to ensure client satisfaction
- Make outside sales calls and tele market to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor's instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned