Hotel Night Manager
Hotel Night Manager
The Standard Hotels
Hospitality - Hotel, Management
- Maintains guests’ confidence and protects company’s reputation by keeping guest and company information confidential.
- Extensive qualified hospitality experience with a proven track record of excellent service and leadership.
- Must have a strong passion for the industry and desire to assist guests and make a positive impact on their stay.
- Ability to wear many different hats and be knowledgeable of the overall operation of all hotel departments.
- Develops and maintains strong rapport with all departments and outlets of the hotel; sustains progress by effectively partnering with all departments heads.
- The ability to handle all responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Uses keen discretion and confidentiality at all times while handling continually arising challenges.
- Responds to escalated guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing empathy and actively listening.
- Responsible for following up with any issues with the relevant department heads.
- Strong Computer Skills necessary: Excel, Word, and Opera or similar PMS.
- Ability to be on their feet for the entirety of their shift, roaming all areas of the hotel.
- Practices sound business sense and high professional ethics at all times.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- An articulate and sophisticated communicator with high standards of performance together
with excellent communication, problem solving and listening skills.
- Excellent team motivator and problem solver.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; able to work and make decisions without supervision.
- Must thrive working evening/overnight shifts, including weekends and holidays, habitually.
- Must be hospitable, consistently respectful towards colleagues and guests.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work calmly, quickly and effectively under pressure.
- Responsible for achieving objectives, ensuring that all company initiatives and other priorities as communicated by management are positively supported.
The Night Manager is responsible for overseeing the nighttime operation of the hotel including leading the operation of the front office, the food & beverage outlets and assisting guests & employees whenever needed. This position will be responsible for ensuring all team members are maintaining our standards in guest service, displaying the core values and ensuring all guests and visitors are provided with the distinct experiences the hotel is known for.
This job is a fabulous challenge for those who are not faint of heart! The property is extremely busy and has multiple F&B venues which are very popular in the evening hours. Reporting directly to the Director of Rooms, the Night Manager will ensure excellent service to all guests while supporting the team. The ability for sound decision making and keeping calm in difficult situations are critical for successfully managing the operation.