Hotel General Manager
Hotel General Manager
Catalina Island Company
Hospitality - Hotel
2 Year Degree
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals (both guests and fellow employees)
· Demonstrate a positive and constructive attitude
· Computer savvy
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum of five (5) years' experience in hospitality industry with three (3) years of management in a luxury resort
· A certificate or degree in the hospitality field, business or equivalent industry experience
POSITION: Hotels General Manager
FUNCTION : Hospitality
REPORTS TO: VP of Hospitality
JOB TYPE : Full Time
LOCATION: Catalina Island, CA
About the Company:
Catalina Island Company, the resort operator on Catalina Island, is located 22 miles off the coast of southern California and offers an abundance of amenities including Descanso Beach Club and Canyon, Island Spa Catalina, Pavilion Hotel, Avalon Grille, Four Star Forbes awarded Mt Ada, state-of-the-art beachfront conference and meeting space Catherine's Terrace, as well as Banning House Lodge & Villas, Harbor Reef Restaurant and Harbor Sands in Two Harbors. The Catalina Island Company boasts more than 25 activities and tours designed to introduce visitors to the island's natural beauty and rich history including the Zip Line Eco Tour, East End Adventure, Undersea Expedition and many more.
We are committed to encouraging and developing our team in a world class environment and are continuously developing the products and services we offer to increase the standards on Catalina Island Ð “California's Island Escape”.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the VP of hospitality.
Responsible for managing the Hotels team and overall hotels targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
The incumbent is responsible to:
● Understanding of P&L statements and delivers hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
● Developing serving improvement actions and carry out costs savings.
● Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
● Maximizing room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
● Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
● Reviews Hotel operations daily Ñ including arrivals, departures, levels of service, manpower assignments, condition of facilities and customer satisfaction.
● Meet with guests on an informal basis to solicit feedback on quality of service levels, cleanliness and overall satisfaction. Resolve customer complain promptly
● Hold regular briefings and meetings with the staff
● Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating standards, policies, procedures.
● Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
● Acts as coordinator between the guests and all department: Housekeeping; Bell Desk; Front Desk; Concierge; Maintenance
● Exhibit and coach outstanding customer service and maintain focus on continuous improvement
● Provide ongoing training to employees and ensuring standards are followed within the facilities
● Oversees the hiring process for the FOH and BOH team
● Manages staffing levels to ensure operational needs and financial objectives are met
● Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and motivate restaurant staff.
● Supports the QA program
● Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and maintain health, safety and sanitation standards for the restaurant and bar area
● Responsible for all health and safety within the outlet and ensure the Company H&S policy is adhered to at all times
● Responsible for all risk assessments
● Assist in completing daily, weekly & monthly administrative reports
● Control all operating supply inventories for both the Hotel Atwater and Pavilion Hotel. Provide monthly inventory and assist to maintain the proper operational margin
● Responsible for monthly safety meetings and matters concerning guest and employee safety.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
● Must be able to stand, walk for extended periods of time.
● Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.