Hampton Inn & Suites
Hospitality - Hotel, Management, Executive
4 Year Degree
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location's continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Complete understanding of hotel operations with prior GM experience preferred.
- Hilton brand experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills.
- P&L and budgeting experience.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adopt new processes.
- Knowledge of safety management principle; federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Experience in implementing payroll and inventory cost controls.
- Strong sales and marketing abilities.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of: general property performance, as well as food & beverage operations, sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. This will involve leading your team in the development, and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and delivering a return on investment to company ownership.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the hotel operations to maximize sales, market share, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, and profit.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Actively prospect for and pursue sales leads in the market, securing future bookings and clients for the hotel.
- Manage customer service for all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed.
- Maintain and improve property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction and a positive public image.
- Ensure that the property and its inventories are always in the best condition.
- Prepare for and proactively manage QA audits.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Inspect property on a regular basis and enforces the implementation of actions toward the safety, comfort, cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place.
- Review and work with appropriate revenue management reports to maximize revenue.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for associates and guests at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.