Route Sales Specialist
Route Sales Specialist
R. L. Schreiber, Inc.
Restaurant - Food Service, Sales, Hospitality - Hotel
Work experience requirements
- Ability to pass a Company pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical ability test (PAT).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Previous route sales or delivery experience
- Clean driving record and ability to meet company driver qualifications policy.
- Physically able to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Extensive travel (80%)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Basic computer/data entry skills and math abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Primary functions of the position are as follows:
- Operate open routes and identify opportunities to improve route efficiency.
- Actively identify, recruit, and screen Distributor prospects for open routes as well as new route territories.
- Achieve regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and feedback from Distributors.
- Deliver R.L. Schreiber products and upsell to increase transaction size.
- Efficiently manage customer base within established route standards with minimum of 12 customer stops per day.
- Safely operate a commercial vehicle and diligently perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Provide superlative service to existing customers that fosters customer loyalty and retention.
- Complete service calls, resolving customer issues in timely fashion.
- Use RLS computer and order entry equipment to input transactions
- and manage customer data.
- Manage inventory, accounts receivables, and balance daily route activities.
- Protect company assets, including collection of equipment and
- customer payments..
- Acquire new long term customers to support route growth.
- Identify opportunities to optimize route logistics and call frequency.
Secondary Functions of the Position:
- Support Region GM and Operations Manager on special projects and assignments.
- Train and assist Distributors to accurately perform inventory management, credit applications, accounts receivables, and related sales administrative functions.
- Report food safety issues promptly to Supervisor or Quality Assurance personnel.
- Provide competitive & market intelligence.
- Answer customer questions about products, pricing, product applications, credit terms, marketing programs, and problem resolution.
- Strong training skills
- Problem solving
- Organized and detail oriented
- Aptitude for sales technology