Director of Catering Sales
Director of Catering Sales
Millman Search Group
Hospitality - Hotel
4 Year Degree
● Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration or related field of study
● At least five years of proven experience in off premise catering sales or a hotel catering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a book of business via proven sales techniques, including cold calling.
● Must possess strong artistic and creative abilities.
● Must possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Ability to be flexible and able to accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours with access to reliable transportation.
Must have the ability to work mornings, day time, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must have the ability to be flexible with respect to work schedule in order to meet and accommodate the needs of the Owner’s and the organization.
Must have access to reliable transportation.
Director of Catering Sales - Baltimore, Maryland
One of Baltimore's top off-site caterers is adding to their team! They are searching for a dynamic personality that can lead a team of Account Executives to reach a new level of sales. They have a very prestigious client base and would like to grow it to new heights by adding a top level Director. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing the efforts of a seasoned team to deliver on the growth plans of the company and maintain their reputation within the community.
To generate profitable sales, growth opportunities for the Company, strong relationships with clients, vendors, venues and The Community, through a knowledgeable and upbeat team oriented sales group. Strive to build lifetime clients and become invaluable to these clients, venues, and planners
● Foster a vibrant, positive, curious team; eager to embrace new opportunities
● Achieve The Company’s annual budget goals
● Work with the Sales Administrator, accounting, and owners to understand fluid pricing dynamics to enable sales team to achieve targeted level of profitability
● Setting clear and measurable performance expectations to the team as well as individually in the financial and administrative areas.
● Create template and guidelines for consistent proposals that represent our brand. Determine and hold accountable the turnaround time guidelines
● Responsible to oversee the weekly Sales Team schedule. Schedule weekly or biweekly sales meetings to keep all employees up on new developments and for them to speak to what they are working on. These meetings should be an open forum for sales people to discuss issues that can improve sales.
● Assist in the company’s overall marketing strategy to maximize effectiveness. Social media, Showcases, Client reviews
● Assign leads to the Sale team though traditional and non-traditional streams. Develop networking, warm and cold call program
● Proactively solicit multiple sources and leads for new events, partners, and venues.
● When needed, negotiates and contracts with vendors for a variety of goods and services related to events planning.
● Reviews all major party contracts with sales executives to ensure both client and The Company goals are achieved
● Oversee the collective coordination of all event information and resources.
● Promotes and maintains exceptional customer service standards