Entertainment Sales Manager (Remote)
Entertainment Sales Manager (Remote)
Langham Hotels International Limited
Sales, Hospitality - Hotel
Please see job description
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to The Langham product.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the competition's product.
- Handle inquiry calls according to departmental procedure.
- Handle guest complaints by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
- Maintain good relations with counterparts at competing hotels; promote all Langham Hotels whenever possible.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Schedule and host travel agent presentations to build existing and potential customers.
- Host fams on property to increase hotel awareness and secure client relationships.
- Presents proposals to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
- Completes the assigned minimum sales calls per week with existing and prospective clients, including outside, telemarketing, in-house, and local client entertainment.
- Responsible for setting up sales calls and related entertaining activities for sales trips in assigned markets.
- Conduct weekly calls within local market developing awareness and new business opportunities.
- Conduct quarterly on-property visits to the Langham Chicago in maximizing client visits and building relationship with on-property sales team.
- Ability to properly qualify an incoming lead using Master Connection Associates sales strategies and effectively achieve scoring on a mystery shop call.
- Organize representation and participation at hotel at trade shows/industry events.
- Participate in monthly Sales and All Department Meetings via Conference Calls.
- Ability to form cohesive relationship with teammate while being in a remote role.
- Ability to coordinate assistance for site inspections from teammates, to handle in your absence.
- Follows up on assigned sales leads in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze and yield all related Group business utilizing on-property revenue management tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with DOS from a remote role, maximizing productive tools of communication when yielding, client negotiations, etc.
- Ability to utilize Delphi for all documentation, logging of activities, prospecting and proper account maintenance.
- Handle entertainment account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Develops and implements sales activities within assigned segments to achieve goals.
- Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business as required to meet assigned market segment’s budgeted sales.
- Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner.
- Ability to train coordinator for execution of all related servicing details for small VIP entertainment blocks not serviced by Conference Services. (including resumes, amenities, etc)
- Plan and prepare appointments for sales trips, follow up in a timely manner.
- Contacts customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat business, or referrals to other Langham properties.
- Accurately completes and submits expense reports on a timely basis for approval and processing.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting with client requests on reservations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of computer according to specifications.
- Maintain file base of client information.
- Activities include seeing, hearing, touching, feeling, fingering, talking, sitting, bending, standing, stooping, Considerable walking is required. Frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing less than 20 pounds.
- Requires handling objects using body members, hand tools and or special devices to work, move or carry objects or material. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments; delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to be successful and productive in a work-from-home environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate while selling in a remote role.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with customers, guests and staff.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of guest and hotel data.
- Ability to work within a cohesive team or perform job functions independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to seek knowledge and understanding of how to be effective, and what strategies to deploy to be successful.
- Ability to enforce hotel's quality standards, procedures, etc.
- Ability to follow up with corrections when necessary.
- Ability to adhere with deadlines.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to input and access information into computer.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult situations
- Ability to manage workload and demands of the specialized market, with requests outside of typical work hours.
- Ability to balance time and work well.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College education preferred.
- Previous sales experience
- Past hotel experience preferred