Hotel Sales Manager
Hotel Sales Manager
Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Sales
1 Buckstone Pl
Asheville, NC 28805
This position will sale two hotels, the Courtyard and SpringHill Suites
About McKibbon Hospitality
From each thoughtful business partnership to the personal details of a guest's experience, hospitality begins with us.
Across 8 decades of service, we've developed, owned and managed nearly 100 hotels, partnering with the largest proprietors in the industry. We measure success by the quality of our work and the personal connections we make along the way. We guide every facet of hospitality development and management - from site selection, financing and construction to hotel renovations, openings and operations.
Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates, and give back to our communities. Every McKibbon associate receives on-the-job service, training, and development for career advancement. More often than not, that career advancement happens right here at McKibbon, where more than half of our leadership team members have been promoted from within. As we expand with new brands and as more markets develop every year, the opportunities for growth are endless.
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Sales Manager?
As a key member of the sales team, the Hotel Sales Manager is accountable for the revenue generation of the property. Reporting to the Director of Sales or Hotel General Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest level of competency to help the property achieve its business goals. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made McKibbon Hospitality their career home.
This position will sale for two of our properties in Asheville, the Courtyard by Marriott and Spring Hill Suites by Marriott.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for sales and revenue generation for the property.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will be actively involved in the STAR report.
- You will implement and train on all McKibbon procedures that relate to sales, including systems and processes.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will act as the face of the property by being actively involved in the local community.
Experience and Skills
- Associates/Bachelor's degree
- 3 years' minimum experience as a hotel sales manager
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- A proven track record of meeting sales goals
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The ability to produce proactive sales strategies through direct sales calls, prospecting for new clients, and client visits
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The experience and ability to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Strong computer acumen