VP of Hotel Operations
VP of Hotel Operations
DELMONTE HOTEL GROUP
Hospitality - Hotel
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of the following competencies:
- Work with integrity and ethics. Support organization's goals and values; Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethics. Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy; promote a harassment-free environment. Work within approved budget; Conserve organizational resources. Observe and enforce safety and security procedures.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; attention to detail; Present numerical data effectively; Read and interpret written information.
- Accept and apply feedback to improve performance; including customer feedback (internal and external). Maintain confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting and get clarification.
- Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Develop strategic project/implementation plans; Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and budget; Manage project team activities.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; Manage competing demands; Use time efficiently; Meet or exceed productivity standards. Organize or schedule other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans. Determine work flow and procedures.
- Delegate work assignments; Match the responsibility to the person; Give authority to work independently; Set expectations and monitor delegated activities. Provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develop alternative/creative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions; Understand business implications of decisions. Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement as needed.
- Make self available to staff; Provide regular performance feedback; Develop subordinates' skills and encourage growth; Take responsibility for subordinates' activities; Focus on solving any conflict, not blaming.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Prepare and support those affected by change.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university/college plus at least ten (10) years of related experience or an equivalent combination thereof
- Experience working with Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt branded properties
- Proven track record of managing extended-stay, select-service, lifestyle and full-service hotels as well as a strong food and beverage/outlet knowledge
- Strong pre-opening experience.
- Multi-property experience
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Strong P&L experience
- Strong understanding of business systems and workflow integration, including personal proficiency in Microsoft office, Financial Intelligence tools such as Profit Sword or M3, and procurement platforms such as Birch Street. Familiarity with application of human capital systems including timekeeping and labor scheduling,
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Highly analytical, creative problem solver and a strong leader with ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to travel
DMHG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Business expense account/reimbursement program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Term Life and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Travel Discounts
DMHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are
Since opening its first full service Marriott hotel in 1974, the DelMonte Hotel Group (DMHG) has been consistently ranked as one of the top hotel development and management companies in the country. Our mission is to be the leader in the hospitality industry by consistently exceeding our guest's expectations and always providing a warm and remarkable experience.
What We Do
From our beginning, DMHG has built a reputation for excellence in all of our endeavors. DMHG owns and operates a portfolio of hotels that include Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn and Hilton Garden Inn brands. Our portfolio is located throughout New York State, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. The current development pipeline for the company constists of six new builds all under various stages under construction. DMHG continues to seek opportunities for further expansion in dynamic markets. Our in house management team oversees over 800 talented associates. DMHG stands out amongst our peers as a leader in the industry.
The Vice President of Hotel Operations is responsible for providing and coordinating above property support and direction to all DelMonte Hotel Group (DMHG) owned/managed properties. We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead our property General Managers in ensuring each hotel is in line with the strategic financial and service performance goals of the organization. This position is responsible for hands-on modeling, guidance and oversight to properties with the goal of improving service standards, increasing profits, reducing costs and maintaining brand and DHG standards.
- Responsible for the P&L performance, cost controls, associate engagement and guest satisfaction at all properties.
- Ensure the acquisition and maintenance of talent through interviewing, hiring, promotion, training and development of staff.
- Oversee and mentor hotel General Managers to ensure successful operation of their hotels. Carry out and oversee management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Oversee the planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- In partnership with Executive team and General Managers, develop annual budgets to accurately forecast financial performance Facilitate financial budget and P&L review meetings with owners.
- Oversee coordination and implementation of sales, revenue management and marketing programs in order to achieve and exceed established RevPAR goals.
- Critically analyze all metrics and KPI (including but not limited to financial reports, CPOR, GSS, STR, BSA/Quality Assurance Inspections, Internal Accounting and Human Resource Audits, Associate Engagement Surveys, Associate Turnover), assessing actual performance to defined benchmarks, identifying variances and implementing any necessary corrective action.
- Drive guest satisfaction by maintaining product and service quality standards;
- Drive associate engagement by ensuring there is fair and consistent application of supervision, policies and practices in the workplace
- Drive positive financial performance by ensuring responsible financial management at all levels of the properties.
- Conduct property inspections, ensuring completion of Brand and Company training programs and address any deficiencies. Ensures that all properties are properly maintained and protected and that life safety programs and practices are being enforced.
- Oversee and ensure successful implementation of franchise directed brand initiatives and provides coordination of above property and outside resources as necessary
- Set goals using defined property and individual performance metrics and monitors accordingly
- Work closely with owners to build relationships and ensure effective, proactive communication with ownership representatives at all times.
- Interface with franchise hotel brand contacts ongoing and at account review meetings
- Conduct and provide on-going training and support to the hotel GM's and leadership teams through periodic roundtable meetings, one on one coaching and continuous communication in person, over the phone, and electronically.
- Collaborate personally as well as lead collaboration of general managers with above property regional sales, revenue management, and marketing, accounting, human resources, engineering and safety/loss prevention teams.
- Answer/investigate/address complex escalated complaints (guest and associate) and resolve problems