Lounge Server - Franklin (Mandalay Bay)
Lounge Server - Franklin (Mandalay Bay)
MGM Resorts International
Restaurant - Food Service
It is the primary responsibility of the Lounge Server to provide excellent guest service. The Franklin Lounge Server will provide positive experiences through informative interactions, quality service and suggestive selling of food, beer, wine, spirits and specialty cocktails. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of all cocktail recipes and proper glassware and garnishes.
- Expert knowledge of beer, spirits, wine, food, menu and prices to effectively up-sell and direct guests
- Knowledge of European Bottle Service, formal wine and Champagne service.
- Maintains current knowledge of both DELANO and Mandalay Bay culture, amenities, and services, events, points of interest, information and services in the area.
- Bid farewell to guests, using guest's name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Anticipate the guests' needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate positively with managers, coworkers and guests in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests or other employees.
- Ensures all customers have proper I.D. and are over 21 years of age.
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests; has a complete understanding of all applicable laws and regulations concerning service of alcoholic beverages (as dictated by the Beverage Department).
- Completes assigned side work and performs other duties as instructed by the Manager.
- Maintains a clean work environment and adheres to all SNHD, Mandalay Bay and DELANO health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Offers food and beverage suggestions to guests.
- Set up and breakdown of private parties, including both food and beverage service.
- Follows proper department procedures for handling comps, room charges, credit cards, officer's checks and coupons.
- Assumes responsibility for guest checks, cash register procedures, and completion of daily sales reconciliation report.
- Performs related work as requested.
- Polish glassware, stock Lounge Server supplies to par levels, etc.
- Interacts and entertains guests in a cordial and gracious manner, thereby creating a memorable experience and building guest loyalty. Serves as Goodwill Ambassador, using finesse and good judgment.
- Maintains quality services standards with all guests by creating a friendly, relaxed atmosphere while visiting the guests' table and
- Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention and immediately notifies the Supervisor if an accident does occur. Informs Supervisor of any irregularities, guest complaints or other disputes, which cannot be readily resolved.
- Assists with the training of new employees as requested. Maintains all assigned wardrobe/costumes in accordance with established standards.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal in working with high-profile clients and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in Lounge Service or like capacity.
- Ability to handle cash and accurately make change.
- Ability to speak and to listen in a public forum.
- Working knowledge of beers, wines, spirits, champagnes and mixed cocktails (including high-end specialty cocktails).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma and equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of previous Food and Beverage experience in a high-pace environment with cocktail serving experience.
- Previous experience in large and heavy tray handling.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.