Armed Security Guard-Transit
Armed Security Guard-Transit
Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
Customer service, observant, must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
ARMED TRANSIT SECURITY GUARDS NEEDED!
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Securitas Security has immediate openings for ARMED Security Guards to fullfill openings for the local transit stations.These guards serve as a vital role in the overall protection of the transit patrons and the surrounding community.
Ideal candidates would possess strong customer service skills, a friendly attitude and professional work demeanor, and a reliable work history. If your looking for a CHALLENGE, THIS IS IT!
Pay wage starts at $11/HR +PLUS includes option to ride BUS & TRANSIT for FREE! (free public transportation is granted after METRO training is complete). VALUE OF $800+/YR!
- The ability to effectively utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to withstand physical conditions such as standing or climbing stairs, for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include lifting up to 25lbs
- Must be able to withstand inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be able to analyze a problem and locate the best solution without hesitation.
- Must possess good judgment on all levels but particularly in safety.
- Must be able to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
- Requires security licensing in both Missouri and Illinois. Securitas will assit in the licensing process for both states
TYPICAL DAILY DUTIES:
- Respond to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Prevent loitering on the transit platforms
- Observe and report activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from designated platform
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be able to meet, follow, and maintain company appearance policy at all times
Why Securitas? This is not just a job, it's an opportunity!