Hotel Supply Supervisor - Housekeeping (ARIA)
Hotel Supply Supervisor - Housekeeping (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
- Supervise department functions on a shift basis.
- Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards.
- Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized.
- Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment, thank them when they lend assistance.
- Support and follow company policies, legal requirements, and guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Supervise all department functions including short and long term planning, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Ensure that the Housekeeping and Public Area departments have all of the necessary products and equipment to make certain the guests expectations is exceeded.
- Conduct performance evaluation of staff in accordance with property and company guidelines and maintain employee files.
- Provide positive follow up guidelines for opportunities for employee improvement.
- Respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
- Supervise employees to ensure they are alert to all their duties and adhere to Company policies and procedures regarding safety, health and welfare of the guest and the property.
- Responsible for properly executing all requests made by VIP Services, Executives, etc.
- Supervise Human Resources responsibilities which include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Work closely with managerial staff to develop overall skills and growth.
- Analyze data and reports generated by the property and Company to ensure proper execution of services, distribution of departmental reports and accuracy.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
- Possess complete comprehension of Inventory Purchasing.
- Review all outstanding orders weekly with the Hotel Services Supply Manager.
- Update all storage areas and supplies weekly.
- Assist with training for products and/or equipment as required for the appropriate staff.
- Responsible for tracking all items delivered to Housekeeping tower floors daily, Pro-Host Linen and Pick Stations, as well as all other areas where linens are received on property.
- Review all outstanding orders weekly with the Hotel Supply Assistant Manager and/or the Hotel Linen Services Manager.
- Notify Status for immediate attention for repairs through Engineering.
- Assist with managing the monthly activity of all inventories, warehouse pars, including balancing of the tower supply budget.
- Contribute to short term and long term profitability for the property.
- Assist with research and the introduction of new products to the department.
- Drive company truck to transport needed supplies when necessary.
- Assist with the daily execution and distribution of departmental reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Stay abreast of current market trends by maintaining existing vendor relationships and continually seeking to develop new ones.
- Provide department staff with knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and receiving procedures.
- Provide department staff with knowledge of procedures in Housekeeping and Public Areas departments, and other related departments but not limited to chemicals and equipment.
- Ensure that all procedures are performed in accordance with OSHA and Bio-hazard procedures.
- Supervise the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the Company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to and enforce Company and department policies.
- Supervise assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, division, and property.
- Be knowledgeable of Department and Hotel goals.
- Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained, including telephone and computers.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year supervisory experience.
- At least 1 year experience in warehouse operations.
- At least 1 year of guest service experience.
- At least 6 months of administrative experience.
- At least 6 months experience in Housekeeping or Public Area operations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous receiving and/or purchasing experience.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Working knowledge of linen, cleaning equipment, supplies, and general chemical use.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.