Bartender - Jackrabbit - Full-Time - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Bartender - Jackrabbit - Full-Time - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
Top Chef Master Chris Cosentino is looking for a friendly, service-focused bartender to join our Jackrabbit team!
Are you ready to work in a fast-paced, engaging environment, and for a certified 2018 Great Place to Work? This is a full time position paying $12.94/hour (plus increases after 90 and 180 days), and offering health insurance along with the best employee travel program in the industry!
For this role, we are seeking candidates who:
- Have previous professional bartending work experience
- Can work a varied and flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekdays, weekends and holidays. Schedule will vary based on business need.
- Previous experience in fine dining or upscale restaurant environment and/or craft cocktail knowledge preferred but not required
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
Who We Are:
Jackrabbit at The Duniway, a Hilton hotel, features an extensive raw bar, gin-centric cocktail program, house-cured meats, and dishes highlighting the area's rich ingredient sourcing. Embodying Portland's spirit of conviviality, we feature large-format signature plates spotlighting local meats.
Who You Are:
Our Bartenders are an integral part of the Jackrabbit experience. The position requires outstanding, warm customer service and the ability to multi-task with a smile. This role will be expected to have an intimate knowledge of our menu, a team-oriented positive attitude at all times, and the ability to think and adapt quickly to the challenges of a busy bar and restaurant floor.
As would any Jackrabbit employee on a shift, the Bartender would also be expected to:
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Support overall operation in a flexible manner.
- Act as an ambassador for the entire Jackrabbit crew.
- Set up, break down and maintain the bar during shift, in partnership with the bar back or other support staff.
- Ensure proper creation and delivery of drinks.
- Work closely with the wait staff throughout guests dining experience.
What will I be doing?
A Bartender is responsible for greeting guests in a helpful, friendly, courteous, and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Accurately prepares and serves cocktails, beer, wine, espresso and other beverages as well as food to guests. Accurately prepares and serves cocktails, beer, wine, espresso and other beverages for servers in the service well. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all menus - food and beverage. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes, and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and personnel guests, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
Prepare espresso drinks for guests and dining room staff.
Set up and staff the brunch Bloody Mary cart.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Professional bartending experience is required.
- Experience in fine dining or an upscale restaurant environment preferred.
- Knowledge of craft cocktails helpful, but not required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Example: Multnomah County Food Handler's Certificate and Oregon Liquor Control Commission Permit within thirty (30) days of hire. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Jackrabbit food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!