Hotel General Manager
Hotel General Manager
Dalwadi Hospitality Management
Hospitality - Hotel
-College or higher level education
-3 years Hotel operations experience with a minimum of 2 years
at the management level.
-Must be strong leader, self-motivated, team builder and willing to work 50+ hours per week (minimum 5 days per week) including front desk shift.
- Optimize and maximize the Associate experience which will lead to an optimal Guest experience.
- Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure quality.
- Effectively manage and motivate associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest and associate satisfaction.
- Champion of the hotel's internal and external communications and record keeping.
Primary Functions: Revenue:
- Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools, and prepare and manage the annual budget.
- Effectively manage and control all operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies etc., enforce DHM's procurement guidelines, and seek and implement cost saving strategies.
- Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds DHM and Brand standards for guest satisfaction.
- Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and adhere to DHM's training guidelines and policies.
Sales & Marketing:
- Provide leadership support and direction to the sales team, take an active role in the preparation and implementation of the hotel's annual Marketing plan, make sales calls to Key accounts, and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
- Community Involvement:
- Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government and other community and civic organizations.
- Leading: Motivate, coach and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to DHM's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to Director of Operations or immediate Supervisor.
- Develop and implement the approved business plan to attain and exceed the financial goals.
- Maintain a high personal visibility throughout the property.
- Gain and maintain excellent knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Handle any emergencies at the hotel.
- Actively manage the financial statement and review and critique performance in a timely fashion. Teach the process to all members of the management team
- Assess and/or ensure regular and timely assessment and performance reviews of all hotel associates and the processing of all personnel records.
- Closely monitor sales solicitation activities.
- Conduct daily individual meetings with each department head/manager to review prior day's outcomes and today's goals.
- Conduct prescheduled weekly meetings with the department heads/managers.
- Conduct a monthly safety meeting to ensure safety policies and procedures are known and followed by all associates.
- Ensure all associates are trained on emergency and security procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all property equipment is in good working condition.
- Successfully maintain adequate staffing.
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability for the team.
- Well groomed and professional appearance.
- Flexible in scheduling.
- Effective communication skills.