HOTEL / CONFERENCE CENTER GENERAL MANAGER
HOTEL / CONFERENCE CENTER GENERAL MANAGER
Hospitality - Hotel
A Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
Setting the standard for Conference Center Management, FLIK is on the forefront of the industry. FLIK is uniquely positioned to expertly manage a wide range of operations and has demonstrated abilities in exceeding clients' goals and objectives for their facilities.
FLIK Conference Centers is a full-solutions provider. FLIK takes responsibility for the facilities we operate while providing the highest level of customer service.
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is a premier global business school committed to its mission to educate, equip and inspire leaders who build strong organizations and wisely leverage the power of markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the vibrant, global community of faculty, staff, students and alumni shapes the practice of business and organizations around the world. The James L. Allen Center is internally marketed and is for the exclusive use of Executive Education and Executive MBA program students. Services include Full Hotel & Conference Center Management of this 150 hotel & conference center servicing approximately 8,000 high level executives annually.
We have an opportunity to work in one of the best educational environments in the country for the right Hospitality professional. Overseeing an Executive Education Center and Hotel along with a state of the art student center, this opportunity will have a great variety of responsibilities, and the challenge of serving an international guest.
Working as a General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the account in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will be expected to maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client, as well as other departments within the operation. You will be responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will also foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
• Participates in employee meetings, reviews and training programs
• Manages in compliance with Company established policies and procedures
• Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
• Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
• Establishes and maintains good rapport with staff, client and guest and other departments
• Manages financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
• Analyzes and creates trends for financial data
• Manages purchasing and inventory controls
• Plans menus in consultation with chefs
• Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
• Eight to ten years upscale food service experience, including six years' experience at the management level
• Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
• Proven track record to achieve company goals in compliance with company/client policies and procedures
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and must possess attention to detail
• Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
• Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
• Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
• Experience in food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
• Ability to create budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
• Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
• Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
• Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
• Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
• Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
• Strong catering experience required
• Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 172729
JEANNE M LANE