Hotel Front Desk Supervisor
Hotel Front Desk Supervisor
DELMONTE HOTEL GROUP
Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel
We are looking for a self-motivated Front Desk Supervisor with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 6 months to 1 year related experience; One year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Maintain a valid Driver's License from the state which you reside with no major violations
As a Front Desk Supervisor with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It's the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a careerthe kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
- Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
- Discounts on food and beverages
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Front Desk Supervisor.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today we're waiting to hear from you!
As a Front Desk Supervisor, you will assist in the supervision of associates in the Front Office Department and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests.
- Answer telephone.
- Post charges (i.e. room, food, telephone), compute bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Monitor room availability.
- Block rooms.
- Program wake-up calls.
- Handle guest mail and messages.
- Perform check-out services.
- Open and close shifts making cash drops as necessary.
- Maintain market stock and coffee area as needed.
- Assist in ensuring proper cash and key control procedures are followed.
- Assist in maintaining proper shift coverage including covering meal breaks and call offs.
- Schedule shuttle runs and provide safe transportation to all guests as needed (hotels with shuttle only).
- Provide guests with information pertaining to available services and hours of the hotel, i.e. restaurant, pool, lounge.
- Provide guests with directions and information regarding the local area.
- Assist in ensuring effective departmental communication through logs, daily stand up meetings and monthly department meetings.
- Assist in the training of all Front Office staff, i.e. position training, brand training, food safety training (if applicable)
- Assist in ensuring food quality, sanitation and proper food handling standards are being met (if applicable).
- Perform various administrative tasks supporting management, i.e. room forecasting, processing of guest billing issues, recordkeeping of service trends, cash drawer/deposit reconciliation, accurate inventory of supplies, processing department payroll and handling any accounting and purchasing functions
- Maintain up to date records and files.
- Provide information pertaining to hours and available services of the hotel, i.e. restaurant, lounge, room service.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Front office, lobby and surrounding areas.
- Assist in checking all fixtures, equipment and conditions (lights, music, heating/cooling, furniture, wallpaper, etc.) for proper operations, settings and maintenance. Report deficiencies.