Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Retail
prior security experience; armed experience preferred. Prior military experience and excellent customer service skills
ARMED SECURITY GUARD OPPORTUNITIES
$500 Hiring BONUS Offer
Securitas Security Services has multiple opportunities for ARMED security guards in Overland Park! Ideal candidates would possess a strong professional and courteous demeanor at all times. We are looking for candidates with prior military background and/or current or prior guards with armed security experience.
These are Full-Time positions with a starting pay wage of $15/hr in Overland Park
Pay raises at 6 and 18 months!
Currently an armed guard?
Ask us how you can qualify for our
$500 Hiring BONUS offer!
- The ability to effectively utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to withstand physical conditions such as standing or climbing stairs, for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include lifting up to 25lbs
- Must be able to analyze a problem and locate the best solution without hesitation.
- Must possess good judgment on all levels but particularly in safety.
- Punctuality is a top priority in the Security field and is non-negotiable.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and maintain it under all circumstances.
- Must be able to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
- Prior military experience and/or current or past experience as an armed guard.
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client's site using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
- Valid D/L- required to drive site vehicles
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- paid vacation time
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
- Company Paid Uniforms!
Why Securitas? This is not just a job, it's a career!