Senior Catering & Event Manager - Hilton Chicago
Senior Catering & Event Manager - Hilton Chicago
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Close to McCormick Place, Hilton Chicago has over 234,000 sq. ft. of space, including three ballrooms and 50 breakout rooms, all convenient to 14 elevators. Exhibit space, the largest of any Chicago hotel, comprises over 100,000 sq. ft.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Catering and Events Manager is responsible for the successful execution of written sales agreement for large-scale and complex full service meetings, conventions and events generally covering more than 300 cumulative room nights. Maintains liaison between the customer and their representatives and the hotel by directing each hotel department as to their specific role in the pre-planning and execution of on-site convention. Maximizes revenues and controls expenses through effective negotiation of prices, services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful execution of event and customer satisfaction to ensure customer remains loyal and books future business with hotel/company.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- -Negotiates pricing and terms and conditions of products, labor and services not specifically articulated in master agreement covering the event. Possesses authority to negotiate terms and pricing of service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business as well as vendor partner agreements. Directs customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups. Responsible for representing the hotel to customers in the role of executing negotiated group sales agreements including but not limited to room blocks, food and beverage, exhibits and associated products and services.
- Directs customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process. Analyzes customers service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; authorizes appropriate resolution of customers concerns while maintaining profitability. Ensures guest room, meeting and event logistics are planned, communicated to and executed by respective departments and team members.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity i.e., activity checklist, call reports, forecast evaluations, menu proposals, written customer correspondence, banquet event orders resume, post event report and internal memos or communications.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Events i.e., forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events; i.e., Customer Focused Events, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
- Guides and trains Event Managers, Event Service Managers and administrative support.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!