Manager Hotel Projects (Corporate)
Manager Hotel Projects (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International
The Manager Hotel Projects will work in collaboration with the Senior Vice President of Hotel Strategy, Vice President of Hotel Strategy, Vice President of Hotel Services and Director of Hotel Strategy to support complex and/or enterprise-wide hotel-related projects and programs and provide strong analytical support to the Hotel Strategy division. This position will interact and coordinate with MGM Resorts leadership and third-party partners to gain alignment and support the effective implementation of hotel initiatives while ensuring successful completion of projects and managing the deliverables on an established schedule, within approved budget, and to set standards. The Manager Hotel Projects is responsible for the overall coordination and management (organization, planning, monitoring, and control) of assigned hotel projects. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain workflow planning across all hotel strategy initiatives.
- Manage workflow to help ensure teams are adequately resourced and are able to meet overlapping timelines.
- Work closely with property hotel operations, strategic initiatives, hotel strategy, enterprise analytics, PMO and other functional areas throughout the organization.
- Partner with hotel leadership team and business operators to assist in developing planning processes for property and divisional projects to ensure alignment on strategic goals and tactics, financial objectives, and organizational priorities
- Facilitate collaboration between departments/divisions and their leadership teams throughout project lifecycles
- Collaborate with company subject matter experts to gain key insights, comments, and direction to ensure development projects deliver highly functional units.
- Manage process of workflow and work prioritization, involving input from key stakeholders using established processes to ensure decisions are made (both proactively and ad-hoc) in the best interest the company.
- Maintain continual awareness of all projects' status, enforcing timeframes for each project, alerting appropriate teams when a project is at risk, and problem solving with internal teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Identify, estimate, and escalate resource needs based on current and future scopes. Focus should be forward looking with the ability to forecast resource needs well in advance of deliverable dates.
- Deliver projects on schedule, within budget and to set quality standards.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage internal and external resources for project.
- Establish and track project schedule using designated software tools.
- Develop relationships with and provide constant and consistent communications to ownership, corporate teams and properties.
- Communicate project-related issues and resolutions.
- Promote the development of both internal and external resources to meet the changing project requirements of the department.
- Share best practices and lessons learned to promote continuous process improvement.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of prior project management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Hotel operations experience within the hospitality sector.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).