Assistant Chef Concierge (Park MGM)
Assistant Chef Concierge (Park MGM)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
To assist in the creation, implementation, development and maintenance of a concierge department that ensures a high level of service and response to the needs of the guests of MGM Resorts International. To comprise and maintain a staff of polished, well-trained professional concierges capable of delivering unparalleled service that demands guest loyalty. The Assistant Chef Concierge will support the Lobby Experience Manager with (including but not limited to): the recruiting, hiring and training of concierges for the Monte Carlo. The Assistant Chef Concierge will assist the Lobby Experience Manager with setting the standards of professionalism for the department through the development of procedures and the training of service skills. The Assistant Chef Concierge will instruct and enforce the proper behaviors of protocol and etiquette that will reflect positively on the overall perception of the Monte Carlo and its service culture. Other duties will include developing and maintaining vendor and community relationships in the interests of the management and guests of MGM Resorts. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resort International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assume full responsibility for the department in the absence of the department head.
- Responds to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Promote and develop team-oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Manage a smooth, efficient, cost effective operation to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control.
- Practice teamwork, create a positive work environment, greet fellow employees and thank them when they lend assistance.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the property's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
- Proactively seek to provide refined luxury service ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Provide input into and execute strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan for the Concierge Department.
- Provide input in the development of the departments' fiscal budget.
- Responsible for managing the monthly activity of all inventories .
- Monitor departmental expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations, and projected increases for new projects.
- Promote and develop team oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Oversee Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and correct or modify systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Respond to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Participate in the research, developments, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest's needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest in industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
- Work closely with supervisory and managerial staff to develop overall skills and growth.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
- Provide input into and executes the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the Company's Standards and brand attributes.
- Monitor, document, and notify the Lobby Experience Manager of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current and future departmental objectives.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Develop and maintain vendor and community relationships in the interest of the management and guests.
- Instruct and enforce the proper behaviors of protocol and etiquette that will reflect positively on the overall perception of the property and its service culture.
- Set the standards of professionalism for the department through the development of procedures and the training of service skills.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures which ensure prompt efficient service to guests.
- Ensure the concierge staff's continued growth and development by updating them on all aspects of Las Vegas and through training of service related topics.
- Interact and communicate with key departments on the integration of services provided to guests.
- Participate and encourage department's participation in events within the Concierge community.
- Strictly enforce the privacy and confidentiality of guests and limit requests for information about such guests in accordance with hotel policies.
- Effectively develop and mentor supervisory staff and hourly employees to ensure that all departmental standards and goals are understood and met.
- Attend national and/or international Les Clefs d'Or conferences annually.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration or related field or equivalent guest service experience.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience in Hotel Operations.
- At least 2 years of experience in Concierge, Front Desk, and/or VIP Services.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Luxury resort experience.
- Membership in Les Clefs d'Or and Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.