Manager Convention Services (Monte Carlo)
Manager Convention Services (Monte Carlo)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
A Convention Services Manager is dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position promotes, directs, and leads the company's core service standards and brand attributes; supports the company's sustainability initiatives and platform; and manages the operations by maintaining a positive, forward-thinking, and safe environment. All duties are performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Establish positive working relationships and partnerships with all Hotel team members using the core value to be respectful and considerate.
- Establish positive working relationships and partnerships with all clients by understanding their expectations and anticipating their needs.
- Handle multiple concurrent programs.
- Efficiently & effectively communicate clients' needs and expectations.
- Communicate closely with Sales and Catering to ensure all contract specifications are met.
- Coordinate all logistical details once group is made definite by Sales, including but not limited to transportation, guest rooms, meetings, pre-planning, estimated charges for billing, limos, amenities, site inspections, program related activities, etc.
- Ensure all essential communication is appropriately recorded into Delphi.fdc including but not limited to correspondence regarding deposits, billing, meeting room rental, changes in Function Space.
- Professionally represent the property during site inspections, client entertaining, tradeshows, presentations, and offsite events.
- Input and maintain Delphi.fdc Bookings and Scheduler.
- Works as liaison between the client and Hotel team to communicate group's needs and expectations to all required departments.
- Make contact with clients upon arrival at property, as well as throughout the duration of the meeting.
- Assist the sales department with site inspections.
- Monitor group room utilization/pick up.
- Prepare post-convention reports.
- Hosts prospective clients visiting the hotel to include customer entertainment such as dining in hotel restaurants and accompanying to shows.
- Effective and proactive communication to external and internal clients and work closely with setup and catering team on operations and program execution.
- Participate in projects such as market research and department business plan.
- Ensures all accounting matters are handled in compliance with Company policy.
- Maintains a culture of integrity, teamwork, and respect to ensure the long-term continued growth and profitability of the department.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Participates in Catering & Convention Services staff meetings.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Lead by example especially with regards to the core values.
- Fact based decision making.
- Ask probing questions of clients to ensure an understanding of their needs and expectations.
- Anticipate client needs by understanding the global picture.
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Delphi.fdc and Socialtables. Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Certified Meeting Professional designation.
- At least 2 years of experience in the hotel industry at a 4-5 star property.
- At least 1 year of Convention Services experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.