Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Crescent Hotels & Resorts, LLC
Admin - Clerical, Hospitality - Hotel, Sales
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum Requirements: At least one year working in a support role ideally in a hospitality environment. ability to work with Word/Excel. Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information. Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to interact with vendors and department heads. Hotel reservations & Sales and Catering software program knowledge is helpful. On Q and R&I training is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Additional information: Additional information:Crescent Hotels and Resorts is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment.
Position: SALES & CATERING /RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR
Embassy Suites, Scottsdale currently has a need for Sales/Catering/Reservations Coordinator to
assist in the overall efficient operation of the Sales & Catering Department. Responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned banquet, meeting or reception.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases.
2. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
3. Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process. Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
4. Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her event and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
5. Manages banquet and meeting space for assigned groups.
6. Advises sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing re-bookings.
7. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
8. Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner using clear, verbal English communication. Listen to callers to understand inquiries and requests. Promptly provide accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotel, rate, etc. Promote Crescent and brand-specific marketing programs. Assign reservations based on guest preferences and availability.
9. Read, retrieve, communicate and verify information including confirmation number to caller. Input and retrieve data using a computer reservation system and utilizing codes for efficiency.
10. Answer questions regarding hotel facilities and services, airline partnerships, local attractions, directions, etc. Know, understand, and communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested. Handle complaints in a tactful manner and negotiate resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.