Pit Manager (MGM Springfield)
Pit Manager (MGM Springfield)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
The Pit Manager is responsible for the conduct and protection of all games in an assigned area, as well as proper treatment of the customers as dictated by company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for overall operations of assigned pits and employees during specific shift
- Protect all games in an assigned area within the framework of MGM Springfield policies and internal controls, to give maximum possible attention to high play games in an assigned area.
- Observe tables, including guests and employees, during game play and report to Assistant Shift Manager any unusual table game play or unusual customer conduct, including identifying signs of “Advantage Play”
- Evaluate abilities of and observe conduct of subordinates, administers discipline or commendations as needed and in a timely manner
- Prepare Daily Shift Report and report any possibility of cost savings, discrepancies or improvements to the Assistant Shift Manager.
- Review pit forms and paperwork to check for proper completion
- Evaluate player activity for any suspicious activity
- Anticipate customer requests for limit increases and refer these requests to a credit authorizer.
- Assist customers with reasonable requests for services and reservations.
- Communicate necessary information between shifts as well as to Cage, Surveillance, etc.
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Table Games Floor Supervisors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent work/training experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in Table Games dealing
- At least three (3) years of experience in Table Games management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Gaming License
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Customer Service Skills
- Employee Conflict Resolution Skills
- Computer Skills
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Must be a Strategic Thinker and suggest opportunities for business solutions to problem areas
- Knowledge of Casino Management
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Regular scheduled hours: Varies
- Other Ð Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.