Sous Chef at Ilani Casino
Sous Chef at Ilani Casino
Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
LOCATION: Ridgefield, WA/Ilani Casino Resort
Levy Restaurants was founded as a single delicatessen, D.B. Kaplan's, in Chicago in 1978 and is recognized today as one of America's fastest growing and most critically-acclaimed restaurant companies. Levy's diverse and expansive portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard Award-winning Spiaggia and Bar TOMA in Chicago and Fulton's Crab House and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
Levy Restaurants is the leader in Sports and Entertainment dining, catering such renowned sports venues at Wrigley Field in Chicago, STAPLES Center and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Ford Field in Detroit and Churchill Downs in Louisville. Levy Restaurants also caters events including Super Bowls, World Series, NASCAR Racing, the Kentucky Derby, the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament and the Grammy Awards.
The Sous Chef is responsible for day-to-day back-of-the-house restaurant operations that deliver a superior guest experience via hiring, training, and recipe and brand adherence. Furthermore, the Sous Chef is responsible for delivering location compliance with state & company directed safety & sanitation guidelines, menu & brand adherence and any additional client expectations.
The Sous Chefs' primary role will be to provide guidance and leadership to the hourly culinary team and supervisors aimed at delivering the Levy Difference in.
- Ensures great guest service through consistent execution of all menus and recipes, training and accountability of the culinary team in execution and by obtaining regular feedback through table visits and executing show quality standards.
- Trains and conveys menus within brand clarity through menu knowledge.
- Promotes a positive work environment through hiring/selection of culinary team members, maximizing productivity and morale through team member engagement and maintaining appropriate staffing levels per business needs. Adheres to determined labor budgets to support the business.
- Maintains state and company compliance, including but not limited to safety & sanitation standards, purchasing programs and client requirements. Ability to manage these programs independently to company standard.
- Engages in the financial goals of the operation and overall business with support from the Executive Chef.
The ideal Sous Chef candidate is passionate about hospitality, food and beverage and location morale/culture. They should have the ability to think proactively and creatively, have decision making and analytical skills and be effective in written and verbal communication. They are self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, effectively multi-task and drive results.
Levy Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Required Skills:
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Culinary, Hospitality or related field preferred but not required
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and social media
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel