Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability
Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability
The Senior Manager of Corporate Sustainability will help to raise the profile of Hilton's Travel with Purpose (the company's Corporate Sustainability strategy) work internally and externally. The Team Member will support the development and execution of our global sustainability strategy, working across the entire company to ensure a consistent approach. The Senior Manager of Corporate Sustainability will support aspects of our Travel with Purpose platform, especially our Preserving the Environment pillar, which aims to reduce energy and water consumption, waste and carbon within our global portfolio of hotels.
What will I be doing?
- Raise the profile of Hilton's corporate sustainability work externally and internally by devising and activating plans for Team Member, guest, owner and community engagement
- Support Hilton's overall strategic plan for corporate sustainability, working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Brands, Operations, Engineering and other key internal groups to drive corporate sustainability initiatives within Hilton's global portfolio of hotels
- Operate as a key point of contact for the company on corporate sustainability related issues
- Maintain and build strong key relationships inside and outside the company, including with consumers, businesses, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and forums
- Develop strategies to ensure senior management is kept aware of important corporate sustainability developments and issues in real time
- Support Hilton's global responsible sourcing initiatives
- Drive the company's efforts related to preserving the environment and evolving core programs related to reducing energy and water consumption, waste and carbon
- Oversee Hilton's ISO 9001, 14001 and 50001 certifications, including the annual audit processes for both corporate and hotels
- Track efforts against multi-year goals across focus areas and against the UN's Sustainable Development Goals
- Manage programs related to LightStay, Hilton's award-winning corporate responsibility measurement platform
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of corporate sustainability, including knowledge of environmental and regulatory issues, and help to develop the team's understanding of these issues as needed
- Determine how the corporate sustainability function can continue to evolve to better promote and protect Hilton's reputation, aligning the team's efforts with others taking place across the business
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage several projects at once, even while away from the office
- A team player who works well with others
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the Corporate Sustainability field
- Experience communicating and marketing Corporate Sustainability efforts
- Experience reporting on Corporate Sustainability efforts
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in the Corporate Sustainability field
- A minimum of two (2) years of managerial experience
- Experience working on environment-related issues
- Experience working within a large business, preferably a global organization, and/or a top-tier environmental or social non-profit organization
- Hospitality industry experience, with a specific focus on Hotel Engineering
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!