Director, Product Strategy
Director, Product Strategy
***This position can be based at either our Global Headquarters in McLean, VA or Corporate office in Dallas, TX***
The Director of Product Strategy will be responsible for designing and overseeing the global offer landscape to ensure it meets Hilton's strategic objectives. The Director will also be responsible for guiding the design of new offers and providing offer governance for all Brands and marketing teams to ensure the promotional calendar is optimal.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Product Strategy will lead the review of proposed offers to ensure the promotion structure and pricing meets customer and commercial targets as well as analyze other promotions in market and historical results. The Director will also work with external partners to design promotions and offers via these relationships to drive significant revenue via their databases and channels.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Manage the day-to-day roles of the Senior Manager of Product Design and the Manager of Product Strategy to develop processes and advisory services to ensure that all commercial teams understand and utilize the optimized promotional and offer strategy as part of their planning process
- Review and approve proposed offers to ensure consistency with company goals and provide clarity to the offer landscape on behalf of Revenue Management and Pricing
- Consult with stakeholders within the enterprise to ensure there is offer/promotion alignment (HHonors, other regions)
- Work closely with Commercial Services, Marketing, and eCommerce teams to create or improve rate and package products that address the needs of the business defined by these Commercial teams
- Ensure the product shelf is consistently reviewed with a goal of optimization and revenue performance improvement to achieve defined revenue objectives as agreed by Commercial Services and Marketing leadership
- Develop and maintain a review and approval process that enables appropriate Revenue Management and Pricing input and approvals into new offers and products but is conducted efficiently
- Consult with APAC and EMEA Regional teams on product needs unique to their regions
- Regularly provide product performance results to relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate analysis is developed
- Work with CRM and Personalization teams to create and evaluate offers needed for targeted campaigns, as well as Analytics teams to develop standard revenue reporting and in-depth insights
- Conduct new offer pilots as needed and determined by business need or Commercial Services leadership
- Work with the Analytics team to develop standard reporting for offers and promotions
- Coordinate the broader ecosystem of live and planned offers initiated by the various stakeholder groups (Regional eCommerce, HHonors, CRM, brands, hotels)
- Provide guidance on which offers to apply to concrete business needs based on what has worked best in other comparable situations
- Within the MO tool, physically attach offers with all their details to promotions once they have been decided on (together with the business owner)
- Stay up to date on the commercial needs of the business, performance of products and offers in market and test and recommend appropriate changes
- Evaluate if new niche or targeted offers are needed or existing products are needing to be modified based on performance data (including competitive analysis)
- Work with external partners to utilize their channels for and capabilities for promotions in order to drive new revenue streams to address key strategic needs as needed
- Ensure the appropriate guidance and communication is developed and provided to Hotels to support new offers
- Lead the Distressed Regional Inventory Program (LTO); aid with market selection, communicate with hotel support teams, solicit hotel participation, analyze participation levels and assist with marketing collateral development
- Attend travel technology and Product Marketing forums to ensure Hilton remains abreast of industry best practices regarding offers and promotions
- Maintain competitive analysis of offer landscape
- Support the completion of the Offer Toolkit led by the America's Marketing team, which provides a quick reference guide for offer and marketing guidelines to address key destination and hotel need
- Lead product pilots to ensure goals are met and clear understandings are gained about if the product is part of the ongoing product shelf
- Provide direction and directives to the Product Design Team Members as well as supporting teams in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives
- Provide leadership and guidance in setting Product Design priorities
- Direct the development of promotional design tools
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a Project Management, Distribution and/or Offer Design/Marketing role
- A minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience
- Ability to travel as required (30%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in Product Marketing and Product Design
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience as the Director level
- Extensive Hospitality and Travel experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!