Senior Catering Sales Manager
Senior Catering Sales Manager
Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
LOCATION: Boston, MA/John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center
Find a job you love and you'll never work another day.
Levy has been honored by every award in the business. We're proud to be a three-time winner of the Restaurants and Institutions' Ivy Award, the Oscars of the restaurant industry. Earning recognition validates our sustained commitment to maintaining an exciting work environment for our team members and providing meaningful support to our local communities. The more you learn, the more you'll see that we are a company you'll be proud to work for.
With state-of-the-art services, stunning architecture and Levy's incredible signature cuisine, events at John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center are unCONVENTIONally great. Levy manages food and beverage operations at the John B. Hynes Convention Center, a facility including 176,480 square feet of exhibit space, 35 meeting rooms, 24,544-square-foot Grand Ballroom and 5 exhibit halls, including an auditorium for 3,000.
As a Levy Senior Catering Sales Manager at the John B. Hynes Veteran Memorial Convention Center you will be responsible for coordinating and detailing all food and beverage for assigned events, after the sales process is completed. Events will include: one-day conferences, multi-day conventions, and public shows. You will build relationships with all clients including show management, exhibitors, ancillary and our internal customer.
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Required Skills:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Knowledgeable of food trends, food and beverage composition, and menu planning. Exercises creativity in designing catering sales solutions.
- Responsible for the achievement of targeted food and beverage revenues.
- Ability to work with the culinary department to create menus to satisfy client's individual needs, while maintaining proper food/beverage/labor percentages.
- Ability to plan and organize events effectively with an acute sense of detail.
- Work independently within given parameters and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy and demanding environment
- Can handle many tasks at once with strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ensure all Levy Catering standards are followed for all event activity.
- Maintain the high quality of service standards as required by Levy and the MCCA.
- Prompt responses to all forms of client communication to ensure a smooth and positive sales experience.
- Active participation in departmental meetings, team building efforts, company initiatives and other like activities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Assist with the compilation of competitive analysis information.
- Actively participate in appropriate Levy and catering sales training.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety protocol and policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree from a University/College or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in a related discipline preferred
- 3 or more years of Catering Sales experience in a Convention Center facility, a minimum of 1 or more years as Senior Catering Manager experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Excellent presentation skills with the flexibility to take changes in stride.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable and be able to work in a very fast paced/high demand work environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Proven track record of a consistent ability to provide quality service.