Director Hotel Analytics
Director Hotel Analytics
MGM Resorts International
The Director of Hotel Analytics should be a seasoned professional with a track record of integrating and analyzing large sets of data to develop actionable insights and business strategies. Key to success in this position will be a strong leadership and an understanding of Hotel Operations. Candidate will possess an analytical skillset, including the ability to integrate and analyze divergent sets of data to better understand and identify operational opportunities.
This position ensures MGM has the necessary data and information for ongoing operational analysis and strategic planning. Fosters relationships with business counter-parts and becomes a credible partner, who seeks to understand business issues. Leads a team to create cross-property benchmarks, create insights based on analytical techniques to remediate issues and improve financial and operational performance. Collaborate with operations partners ensuring the implementation of analytical initiatives.
This position participates in the development and maintenance of the business intelligence tools, and data marts; works cross-functionally with various departments to determine their analytical needs and ensures timely high-quality analytics.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Proactively identifies highest value opportunities across MGM's hotel operational areas and drives recommendations for optimization
- Develops analytical capability across aligned functional area(s) and properties
- Drives ownership of the demand management process through reviewing, prioritizing, and reporting on Property/Corporate requests
- Manages relationships to understand business problems and analytical needs
- Communicates and reviews findings with Corporate / Property / Enterprise Analytics partners
- Manages new insight demands with currently in-progress projects
- Provide inputs to Value Measurement process to ensure business results are achieved
- Networks externally to seek innovation
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes.
- Other job-related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years' experience in hotel / lodging industry
- 7+ years' leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Proven track record of driving business performance through operational insights and analytics
- MBA or MS degree preferred with quantitative orientation
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Gaming registration in applicable jurisdictions may be required
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information
- Strong functional knowledge in Entertainment and Hospitality Operations
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders preferred
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting specific organization goals
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner
- Must have excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Must be able to produce memos, executive summaries
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management preferred. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues to leading large strategic programs
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays where needed
- Excellent customer service skills