Executive Director Hotel Operations
Executive Director Hotel Operations
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the primary responsibility of the Executive Director of Hotel Operations Ð Mandalay Bay and Delano Las Vegas to assist the Senior Vice President of Operations and the General Manager of Delano in managing, directing, and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Front Desk, Front Services, and Concierge departments; and to ensure all activities performed within the department(s) are in accordance with the company's business objectives, budgetary guidelines and established safety standards.
- Develops and implements strategic plan and vision for the division consistent with Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino's strategic vision.
- Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations, and marketing strategies to produce both Short-term and long-term profitability for Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development, execution and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the company's SHOW service standards.
- Directs the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino's competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Provides leadership for the division's Human Resources responsibilities to include:
- creating a work environment that promotes teamwork
- performance feedback
- recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction
- quality hiring
- training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment
- Works closely with supervisory/managerial staff to develop overall skills/growth (bench strength).
- Promotes and develops team oriented philosophy, stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Establishes accountability processes for division; ensures compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Directs and manages all functions performed within assigned areas of responsibility. Works closely with department management to ensure the establishment of sound operational business practices that produce positive methods and quality results.
- Maintains effective communications with all team members. Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis to review departmental progress on projects and assignments. Establishes the parameters that empower managers/supervisors with the authority to accomplish the duties of their assigned positions.
- Ensures adherence to customer service standards within established departmental policies and procedures. Evaluates and corrects/modifies systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Works closely with the Executive Director of Housekeeping & Director of Environmental Services to ensure housekeeping standards and public cleaning standards meet/exceed 4-Diamond criteria.
- Prepares monthly/annual departmental budget/forecast and provides supporting documentation for senior management's review, when necessary.
- Monitors departmental expenditures; prepares justification for budget variations and projected increases for new projects.
- Works closely with the Director of Revenue Management and implements necessary rate changes to maximize hotel revenues. Closely monitors occupancy, rates, and demand/forecasts, offering recommendations concerning current and future rates.
- Participates in developing marketing strategies to increase volume and market share; investigates potential opportunities for incremental revenue whenever possible.
- Works closely with department supervisors/managers to identify/resolve inefficiencies. Informs Senior Vice President of Operations and GM of Delano of any issues/concerns, which may adversely affect the operation.
- Works closely with IT to improve property management system software, where required.
- Researches/analyzes existing data/trends, and takes action to reduce costs and increase hotel revenues whenever possible.
- Monitors, documents, and notifies Senior Vice President of Operations and GM of Delano of any issues/concerns that may impact/jeopardize the achievement of current and future departmental objectives.
- Continuously evaluates staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible.
- Responds to guest correspondence and/or guest concerns in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive guest/problem resolution.
- Performs other management duties as assigned/required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business Management or other equivalent field
- 5+ years previous experience in hotel operations management at a major resort complex
- Previous operations experience in a high volume and fast paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of all disciplines within the Hotel Division including regulatory standards and compliance