Revenue Management Analyst - Hilton Portland
Revenue Management Analyst - Hilton Portland
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
A Revenue Management Analyst would report directly to the Director of Revenue Management. The primary purpose of this position is data entry and analysis to gain experience in the hotel Revenue Management discipline.
What will I be doing?
A Revenue Management Analyst would report directly to the Director of Revenue Management. The primary purpose of this position is data entry and analysis to gain experience in the hotel Revenue Management discipline. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Update, process, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports in various systems, including Hiltons Revenue Management System, Netrez/OnQ PMS, HILSMART, Key Hotel Marketing Reports Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Delphi/DMPE, and OnQ FMS, to include, but not limited to:
- Daily OnQ RMS report, Weekly Group Pick-Up Reports, Weekly Booking Pace Reports Daily and Weekly Shop Call Reports, Various Booking Pace reports (i.e.: promotions, seasonal, etc), Month-end Revenue Management, OnQ FMS, and Market Comparison Reports
- Data entry into various systems, including Excel, assist in preparation of the monthly forecast reports, monthly displacement report, monthly transient historical trend reports, monthly no-show analysis reports and Demand Calendars.
- Development of new reports, as needed, to assist in preparation for the weekly revenue management meetings or data analysis.
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels. Analyze and present accurate picture of trends, demand and market conditions.
- Monitor and analyze the competition daily and weekly through shop calls, the Internet to identify selling strategies and market trends. Enter shop call information into database. Alert DRM and ADRM of emerging trends.
- Maintain and enter accurate rate and demand information in Delphi/DMPE, NETREZ/OnQ PMS and OnQ RMS in a timely manner. Which includes:
- Daily, weekly and monthly updates to transient demand, rack and ssg rates.
- Utilizing NETREZ/OnQ PMS to change rates on SRPs or inventory controls.
- Utlizing RMS to implement inventory controls.
- Maintain / monitor group inventory in CRS. Monitor / follow-up group cut-off dates in all systems
- Accurate preparation and distribution of daily and weekly occupancy forecasts.
- Provide administrative support for the Revenue Department to include:
- Light typing in Microsoft Word, with little direction as far as content, including weekly Revenue Management Meeting minutes.
- Answer, route and assist DRM and ADRM's with incoming phone calls.
- Faxing, as needed.
- Filing on a daily basis.
- Distribution of inboxes and outboxes.
- Copying of reports for distribution and for the weekly revenue management meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in related field - or - an Associate's degree, plus a minimum of 1 year's experience in Revenue Management
- Availability to work Mon.-Fri., 8a-5p, with the flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Experience with travel industry reservation systems and hotel property management systems preferred
- Hotel revenue management experience preferred
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access Database
- Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
- Understands GDS and Internet systems.
- Understands revenue maximization theory and practice, especially yield management and pricing.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!